Gute twitter Photos:
The Bamboo Forest and some great Twitter Lists to follow
Bild von Stuck in Customs
Today’s daily photo was taken while exploring the wilds outside of Kyoto a few weeks ago. It was a beautiful place! The walk took me into this giant bamboo forest. After strolling through it for a short eternity, I set up for shot. This is a standard 5-exposure HDR; it was shot with a 14-24mm lens. For those of you new to the site, you can find out more about my process in the HDR Tutorial.
Some Twitter Lists for You!
As you guys know, I’ve been using Twitter for the past 27 years or so. Over that time, I’ve built up a good list of people to follow. Now, I can share this list and more very easily with you. When you visit the links below, you can "Follow" the list. Or, you can also go through and follow the individuals. Any questions? Just ask below!
Stuck In Customs Community – This is a list of everyone around here that has signed up on this thread (you can sign up there too!). This is a great "channel" to listen into to hear everything that’s going on with all of us! If you ever need advice, have questions, or just want to share, be sure to follow the people inside and talk it up… that’s what Twitter is for! *Make Recommendations for this list here!
Art for the Right Brain – Here is a collection of inspirational artists, designers, illustrators, and the like that I find inspirational. I didn’t really add any photographers to this list… *Make Recommendations for this list here!
Art Museums to Know – Did you know there are Museums on twitter too? They talk about new exhibits,visiting artists, special events, and the like. *Make Recommendations for this list here!
Funny Twitter Heads – A collection of very funny people on Twitter. If you are easily offended… don’t look! *Make Recommendations for this list here!
Wow – Nice Tweets! – A random assortment of people that I follow that send out all kinds of interesting Tweets on this and that. *Make Recommendations for this list here!
Do the good people on here a favor. Follow the list, and then go through and follow some of the most interesting individuals inside. Twitter is better once you build your own personalized list, and this will be a really good injection of inspiration into your world, I hope!
After you follow the lists and some people therein…
Then you can then easily switch to that "channel" in Twitter to see the latest. Also, very soon you’ll be able to add that List as a Column in Tweetdeck, a program I highly recommend. As soon as they enable this, I’ll come update this post!
And, of course, be sure to tell your friends the fun of lists, especially those new to Twitter. If people start out by getting good links with nice art and funny comments, it makes it a much better experience from the beginning!
from the blog www.stuckincustoms.com
The Sheep, and we Twitter Sheep can follow these 10 great photographers!
Bild von Stuck in Customs
Aren’t these some cool-lookin’ sheep? I was driving through the countryside of Iceland and there are these super-bushy sheep that float around the fields with their busy little legs underneath. Then, from a distance, I saw these mega-bushy fellas all piled up on top of one another. They were quite far away, so I attached my 70-200 mm lens to get a tighter shot at f5.6. I had to make a wide variety of strange animal noises to get that guy on top to look at me. Luckily, I was alone with the sheep. That sounds funny.
Besides that, I have a hot new Twitter list for you below! Maybe some of you are not yet into Twitter, but once you find 50+ people to follow, it’s an entertaining thing to look at on occasion to see what is happening in the world with people you think are interesting!
1) @jimgoldstein – Jim Goldstein – a cool photographer with a nice eye for things. He is also quite active on Twitter.
2) @MoosePeterson – Moose is one of those guys that has a cool name and can back it up!
3) @frederickvan – One of the hosts of the cool This Week in Photography podcasts. He’s also a very nice guy with a hearty laugh… you can sometimes tell a lot about a guy from his laugh.
4) @aphotoeditor – Steve Simon recommended that I follow him… all kinds of cool links posted on a regular basis
5) @nickonken - Nick Onken is a cool guy with a unique look about his work. He also finds cool links to share with his followers.
6) @jeffnewsom – Jeff has a nice style to his photography and is very active on Twitter… HIs blog has very nice imagery
7) @ronbrinkmann – This is another TWIP guy – very interesting and has interesting thoughts to share.
8 ) @danhavlik – Dan finds all sorts of interesting stuff and shares it all with is Twitter followers… very cool stuff.
9) @halfpress – Aaron Mahler is a regular on the TWIP show, and like the others, he is full of humor, advice, and great links. What else do we need in life?
10) @RobertEvans – Robert is a different sort of guy, and those are the kind I usually like. He describes himself on Twitter as "Inspiration, Education, and Motivation for Photographers" – that says it pretty well!
from the blog at www.stuckincustoms.com